Friday, November 12, 2010

Rouge Dior by Dior: it is all in the formula

http://ed.img.v4.skyrock.net/ed3/hautecouture83/pics/462172819_small.jpg
Unfortunately for my bank account, I happen to like Dior products and their lip products are not an exception. Dior Rouge by Dior is a family of 32 shades, each inspired by "by the deep, luxurious colors of Dior Haute Couture gowns to reveal all the beauty of triumphant and radiant femininity" according to Dior's website description.

A key ingredient in this formulation  is hyaluronic acid, or more precisely synthetic beads of hyaluronic acid microspheres.This is a compound that naturally present in our bodies. Hyaluronan is found in many tissues of the body, such as skin and cartilage.

Due to its high biological compatibility with human body, it is commonly used in treatments of dry flaky skin and in 2003 FDA had approved the use of Hyaluronan in anti-wrinkle injections.

 But I digress. CONTINUE READING for pictures and swatches of my Rouge Diors by Dior.


Dolce Vita Pink (555) and Samarcande Brown (434)

 Now, on my lips:
naked lips

Dolce Vita Pink

Samarcande Brown

Dolce Vita  Pink (555), Rouge Blossom (644), Hypnotic Red (862) and Prune Daisy  (976)

I have swatched the whole Dior Rouge by Dior collection and my favorites by far are Samarcande Brown (434), Dolce Vita Pink (555), Rouge Blossom (644), Hypnotic Red (862) and Prune Daisy (976). I own Samarcande Brown and Dolce Vita. Rouge Blossom is stunning, but not up my alley: it is more intense and bright. Both Hypnotic Red and Prune Daisy are gorgeous deep plums. Daisy plum is probably the most gorgeous one in the whole collection! However, it is dark, so it would not be practical for me for everyday use.

No comments:

Post a Comment