Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Dior Limited Edition EyePalette 2010

 To give you a preview of my latest Dior Limited Holiday 2010 Eyeshadow palette. It is a black  lacquered package with a Dior pattern imprinted. This beauty comes with a 'D' logo chain attached and four cool, steel-blue colors inside. It comes with a double sponge applicator which has one side for eyeshadow and the other side perfectly suitable for eyeliner application. 




Flash

These are beautiful colors, but I fond them to be of a somewhat poorer quality than regular Dior quints. These have more fallout and I find them to be somewhat chalky. Once again, I have a very high standards for eyeshadows, so these eyeshadows fall a little bit short for me. The deepest color-a royal blue-has a visible blue specks on glitter in it. This is fine for evening look, but for a daytime look, I would only use it as an eyeliner. Deep steel color is gorgeous. It is a cool-toned steel gray with gray micro-shimmer. Stunning. The other lightest shades are lighter silver gray and pearl-white. Pearl-white is the most chalky one out of this quartet and it has some fallout issue. These are rather sheer, but shimmery and blend great (typical for Dior shadows).


Overall: 
KISS it: if you are Dior collector (like me:), or if you don't have any other royal blue-steel palettes.
KILL it: if you don't need another royal blue, gray palette.


flash
 Individual swatches are to follow:
flash

flash

flash

flash

one of my fave brushes

No comments:

Post a Comment